Friday, April 28, 2017

Review // L'Oreal Colorista ~ Rose Blonde

Hey guys!

I thought I’d write a review today hopefully you’ll find it helpful!

My hair has been pretty pale blonde for a while now, which I’ve been really liking I went silver/grey for a while a few months back, but it was only temporary and soon faded back into blonde. I used to dye my hair bright colours quite a lot, so I found myself missing the colours a bit now, but not wanting to completely give up the blonde as my hair is naturally really dark brown, it’s been a long process trying to get my hair blonde, so I don’t really want to throw it all away just yet!

I’ve always had a soft spot for pink hair, so when I found the L’Oreal Colorista brand of dye in Boots, I knew I wanted to try one of the colours, and the one that caught my eye the most was Rose Blonde it looked all dusky pink but slightly metallic, and I fell in love with it, so I ended up buying it after a tiny bit of deliberation!



After having the dye for a while, I finally decided to act on the urge to dye my hair, so I reached for this one, as it’s permanent, so hopefully it’ll last longer than semi permanent would.

Unlike most other permanent dyes I’ve used in the past, this one doesn’t have a nozzle on the bottle, so you’ll have to mix it up in a bowl luckily, they provide a brush in the box! You get the colour crème, the developer cream, a brush, some gloves and of course, the all important conditioner to use once you’ve rinsed the dye out of your hair!

When I was mixing it, the fumes were pretty strong and my eyes were watering like mad I’m not too sure if it’s really potent, or the fact I dyed my hair while I was ill, but make sure you’re in a well ventilated space when you’re doing this! I also noticed that the dye looked like strawberry milkshake once I’d mixed it properly.



Once it’d developed and I’d washed it off, I noticed that it was paler than I was expecting it to be it turned out a very soft baby pink on me, but I really like the result! Mine also didn’t look very metallic, but luckily I was happy with the end result anyway! Here’s a picture of my hair colour before, and my colour after, so you can see exactly how it worked on me.

BEFORE


AFTER

Overall the smell and fumes were pretty strong, and it turned out paler than expected, but otherwise I really liked this dye, and I’d probably end up using it again! At the time of writing this blog post, it’s been about a week since I dyed it and I’ve washed my hair three times, it’s faded to an even softer pink but it’s still noticeably pink I feel like it’ll last another few washes at least.

Have you ever used the L’Oreal Colorista dyes, or do you want to? Let me know! 

No comments:

Post a Comment