Monday, January 18, 2016

What's On My iPhone?



Hey guys!

I’m one of those people who really likes watching YouTube videos like “What’s In My Bag?”, “What’s On My iPhone?” etc I’m quite nosy really, I guess, haha! So, I decided to do a blog post today about (as you’ve probably guessed from the title) What’s On My Phone?

Hopefully you like this post, and find out a little bit more about me I always feel like I learn something when I see someone else’s videos like this post! Also, if you have any questions about anything, please feel free to tweet me or leave me a comment below! 

Let’s get started!

Okay, so I currently have the iPhone 6S in rose gold, and I love it! My previous phone was the iPhone 5C in white, and while I really liked that phone, I definitely prefer this one it’s thinner and longer, so feels nicer in my hands, plus it’s just faster and looks nicer! I also have a clear plastic case on it with pastel coloured macarons on I plan on getting some more nice cases eventually! 

Next, my lock screen. At the moment, I have the photo of me, Dan Howell and Phil Lester (aka amazingphil and danisnotonfire) from when me and my friend Lisa met them last year, as it’s one of my favourite memories ever and I just love the picture (even though I don’t like my smile in it at all, but oh well!).

My home screen/background at the moment is a screenshot I took of my avatar on Xenoblade Chronicles X, from one of the first cut scenes in the game I just really like my avatar to be honest, so I decided to set that as my background (in case you’re interested, before this it was just a picture from My Neighbour Totoro).

I have two pages on my iPhone, too the first page is for organisation things and standard phone things, and the second page is my games, apps, etc.

·      First on my phone, I have my SETTINGS I just find it easier having it there.

·      Next along is my PHOTOS I think I’ve just always had it there, so I find it pretty convenient.

·      After photos, I have VIDEOS I literally have about 3 videos on my phone though, so it’s a bit pointless really but oh well
·      On the end of the top row is CAMERA a lot of the time, I just swipe up on the lock screen to access the camera, so I don’t always use the icon but it’s good to have accessible anyway.

·      On the second row, I have MUSIC again, I don’t really listen to music on my phone, I prefer to just use my iPod, but I have a few albums on there that I downloaded ages ago and just haven’t got round to deleting.
·      Next to music, I have the ITUNES STORE, which I mainly use if I want to get a new ringtone.
·      After that, I have APP STORE obviously, I use this a fair amount to update/download apps and just to idly browse to see if there’s anything I want (I have too many things on my wish list at the moment though, haha)



·      The final thing on this row is actually a folder, which I called ORGANISATION this pretty much just holds all the apps I can’t delete, plus a couple of others. It has calendar, contacts, clock, notes (I have so many notes at the moment), game centre, calculator, podcasts, maps, wallet, voice memos, iBooks, health, find my iPhone, facetime, weather, PayPal, exercise timer, reminders, stocks, news, find friends, tips, watch and compass! (so annoying how you can’t delete them, as I only really use PayPal out of those).
·      Also, the apps I keep along the bottom of my phone are PHONE, MESSAGES, MAIL and SAFARI I find they’re the apps I use the most, really, so it makes more sense to have them at the bottom!


Like I mentioned before, page two on my phone is all my social media apps, photo editing apps, games, etc. 

·      The first app on this page is TWITTER I’m constantly on here when I want to kill time, it’s my go-to app, so it makes sense to keep it in an accessible place!
·      Next along is FACEBOOK I hardly ever use my Facebook any more, though, I mainly use it for uploading pictures to and posting my blog links, and keeping in touch with the occasional friend who doesn’t have Twitter.
·      Next to that, I have TUMBLR the second site I love to kill time on! Mine is a bit of a mess at the moment I have everything on there, from music to gaming to quotes to YouTubers but I don’t really want to redo it and sort it out yet!
·      Finally on the top row is my INSTAGRAM I actually have two accounts, my main one and one I made for posting gaming screenshots and just gaming related stuff (I didn’t want to clog up my actual account with gaming stuff).



The final row on my iPhone consists of three folders EDITORS, GAMES and CHATS ETC.

·      In EDITORS, I have Picfx, Aviary, Afterlight, Fotor and Pic Collage. I mainly use Aviary and Afterlight to play around with lighting, contrast, etc, then I’ll use Fotor or Pic Collage if I want to make a collage or more than one picture together! 



·      In GAMES, I have The 7 Second Challenge, Neko Atsume, Crossy Road and QuizUp. I’ve been mainly playing Neko Atsume lately you get to look after cats, who wouldn’t love it?! but I also used to be addicted to Crossy Road (kind of like Frogger, but you have loads of different characters to unlock.) In the 7 Second Challenge, you have 7 seconds to do the challenge (pretty self explanatory) and decide if you nailed it or failed it you can play it alone too, but it’s more fun with more than one person! QuizUp is a multiple choice online quiz game you choose a subject (for example, general knowledge) and it matches you up with either a person or a bot (if no one’s available) and you see who can answer 7 questions on the subject quickest the faster you answer, the more points you get! 



·      Finally, the CHATS ETC folder. At the moment, it contains Facebook Messenger, YouNow, WhatsApp, Dropbox, Snapchat, Pinterest and Game. Again, I don’t really use Facebook Messenger much, YouNow is mainly for when Dan and Phil broadcast (you can do live shows on it) and I mainly use WhatsApp for the people who don’t have iMessage, haha. I never use Dropbox and hardly use Snapchat (mainly when I’m bored, I’m always deleting it and then reinstalling it). Pinterest is something else I like to use when I’m bored there’s something really relaxing about making mood boards and pinning stuff! Finally, the Game app is like my Game rewards card, so it makes sense to keep that on my phone now that I know about it (I bought some pre-owned games on Friday and the guy behind the counter told me that they don’t do physical cards any more, it’s just the app now). I don’t always buy my gaming stuff from Game, but you can unlock achievements to get some extra points on your card, so that’s pretty cool!



So, that’s everything that’s currently on my iPhone! I hope you enjoyed reading about it/seeing what it’s like, and maybe I’ll have inspired you to download some of the apps I have, or even to do a tour of your own phone! Again, feel free to tweet me or comment if you have any questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment