Tuesday, November 10, 2015

My Birthday // Pugs, London and TATINOF!

Hey guys!

So, a couple of days after Blogtober - which I'm really happy I managed to finish successfully, and I hope you all enjoyed it too - it was my birthday! 

I didn't really want to do much for it, as it wasn't a "big" birthday like 21 or 25, but usually on birthdays my dad will come over and me, my mum, my dad and my brother will have a meal and stuff - I also usually wait until my dad comes over to open most of my cards/presents, although I can't resist opening a few early!
I started off this birthday by playing Animal Crossing New Leaf for a bit - on your birthday in the game, the animal you have the highest friendship with will come to your door when you go on, and lead you to a party at their house - there will also be two other villagers in the house, who you have high friendship with too! There'll be a cake and they'll also give you a present, and a birthday song will be playing too! This year, I ended up getting some birthday shades (basically massive sunglasses that look like cake)
When my dad came over, I opened cards and presents - I ended up with 4 pug cards, haha, and some other really lovely ones, and I wasn't really expecting presents but I got a few! I got a nodding pug (which is adorable), some awesome stationery, an Amazon gift card, a metal pug sign (also adorable) and some Animal Crossing amiibo cards! My mum cooked a paella, which was delicious, then I got surprised with.....A PUG BIRTHDAY CAKE! 



The next day, me and my mum headed into London, which was my present from her. We started off grabbing some lunch, so we decided on Yo! Sushi (I really like sushi, if I have a choice I'll pretty much always choose that) and it was really good - it was the first time I'd eaten in at a Yo! Sushi, I usually just grab a takeaway, but it was awesome! We weren't really sure what we wanted to do next, so we wandered along Southbank with a hot chocolate. We ended up going onto the bank/shore bit of the river (I don't really know the correct terminology but you know what I mean) before going back along the riverside for a bit. We eventually got to the Tate Modern and decided to have a quick look round, but we weren't really feeling it. Not long after, we realised we didn't really feel in the mood to be in London - a rare occurrence for me - so we hopped on a train to Kingston for some retail therapy - however, we both came away empty handed, but I did get to try the honey and almond hot chocolate from Starbucks and it's so nice, it tastes like chocolate marzipan! 

 


Then, on Sunday, it was finally the day I'd been looking forward to since my best friend Lisa booked us VIP tickets in March! (yes, I've been impatiently waiting for this for 8 months!) My favourite YouTubers, Dan Howell and Phil Lester (aka Danisnotonfire and Amazingphil) wrote a book and planned a tour, and we had VIP tickets to the tour - meaning, we finally got to meet them! (we met them briefly like 2 years ago, but I don't really remember very much of it because I was freezing and nervous!)
We met up early and, after having a massive hug because we hadn't seen each other in ages, we decided to find a Nandos and get some food - I've been craving it for weeks, and she practically lives off chicken, so it was a good choice! Also, if you ever go to Nandos and they have vanilla frozen yogurt, get it - it tastes like a 99 ice cream but it's fat free. So good! 
Doors didn't open till 5.15 for VIP, so we wandered around the shops for a while before deciding to head to a Starbucks near The Palladium, where the show was. I got a hot mulled apple drink - it's so yummy, it's like Christmas in a cup! - and Lisa got vanilla hot chocolate, and I was showing her Xenoblade Chronicles because I wanted to see if I'd streetpassed anyone and I'd promised her last time I saw her to show her the game.
We went to the front of the venue at around 5, and I started feeling really faint and nervous and panicky, and I still felt like that when we went inside. We were told to sign a book when we came in, for the boys to read, so me and Lisa both did, and not long after we were told they would be coming up in a few minutes. I won't bore you with too many details, but we were put into a queue and told to have whatever we were getting signed open to the right page if it was a book, or just out if it was our ticket, and to make sure our phones were open on the camera. 
When I met them, most of the nerves somehow melted away. Phil was closest to me, so I got to hug him first, then Dan, who said he liked my hat. Then they signed my notebook, I waffled a little bit (sorry guys, if you ever see this, for being so waffley and awkward) and then Dan took the photo for me (apparently he takes them because he has the longest arms, haha) and it was all over! After I'd walked away, I realised that my hands were shaking from belated nerves, haha, but it was an amazing experience and I'm really glad I got the chance to meet them.
I can't really say much about the show - they're very strict about the fact they don't want anyone to give spoilers, as they're planning on taking the tour around the world - but it was amazing, and it was clear that they'd put so much work into it and it really paid off!


No comments:

Post a Comment