Thursday, October 22, 2015

Day Twenty Two // A Disappointing Sequel


Hey guys!

Today is day 22 of my 30 day blogging challenge, where I'm going to be tackling a gaming challenge I found a few weeks ago that I thought looked interesting. In my blog summarising this, I left a photo of the questions, in case anyone wanted to do it, but I'll also copy the question I'm answering into my post every day too.
Sometimes, these posts may contain spoilers for a game - when that happens, I'll warn you before I answer the question, so you can choose whether or not to read on!

Today's question is - which game sequel disappointed you?

To be perfectly honest, I don't really think I've played many games with sequels.
I've played all the Animal Crossing games to date, for example, but they're not really continuations of each other - they have the same basic gameplay style to them, but they change a lot every time they make a new game, so you couldn't really call them sequels.
Same goes for things like Zelda - there's an official Zelda timeline, but as far as I know, the only games that follow on to each other and have the same style/are set in the same time period are Ocarina Of Time and Majora's Mask and, while I didn't enjoy Majora's Mask as much as Ocarina Of Time, I wasn't exactly disappointed by it. 

In my experience, game sequels are usually a lot better than the originals - for example, I didn't enjoy Timesplitters as much as I liked Timesplitters 2 and 3 (although I mainly enjoyed doing multiplayer and side quests than story, aha, but that's because on the whole, I'm not particularly good at shooting games) so, I guess that my answer to this question is simply - I've never really played a game with proper sequels so I cannot really say which one disappointed me because there is none.

No comments:

Post a Comment