Thursday, October 29, 2015

Day Twenty Nine // A Game You Didn't Think You'd Like


Hey guys!
Today is day 29 of my 30 day blogging challenge, where I'm going to be tackling a gaming challenge I found a few weeks ago that I thought looked interesting. In my blog summarising this, I left a photo of the questions, in case anyone wanted to do it, but I'll also copy the question I'm answering into my post every day too.
Sometimes, these posts may contain spoilers for a game - when that happens, I'll warn you before I answer the question, so you can choose whether or not to read on!

Today's question is - what is a game you didn't think you'd like, but ended up loving?

Definitely Xenoblade Chronicles, without a shadow of a doubt. I didn't know who Shulk was when Nintendo put him in Super Smash, and I wondered who he was, so my brother tried to explain it to me but I didn't really care at the time, haha. Then, a Xenoblade Chronicles remake for the New 3DS was announced and he was really excited and pre-ordered it. When it came, he played it endlessly and kept going on about how good it was - he didn't tell me very much about it, as he wanted me to play it when he was done, and I didn't want to at first - I was midway through Majoras Mask, in fact I still am - but in the end, I decided to play it.
I didn't have very high expectations that I'd like it - I didn't think I'd like it at all, in fact, as my brother likes more RPGs and story based games, and I play a lot more games like Animal Crossing and Pokemon (although I like playing RPGs and more adventure/story based games too) and sometimes we don't like the same games. However, after the opening credits and story of the game, I was intrigued, so I decided to give it a chance.
I'm really glad I did, as it's now probably right up there as one of my favourite games, and I like it so much that I ended up buying my own copy (even though it meant having to start again after completing the game)
The thing I like about it is that the story is amazing, the characters are likeable and you warm to them quickly (well...most of them, haha) and I love the fact that there's a ton of side quests to do as well, so you don't just have to stick to the story. You also get loads of experience and the occasional reward if you explore, so it's definitely worth straying from the path and going off exploring more if you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment