Monday, October 12, 2015

Day Twelve // A Game Everyone Should Play


Hey guys!
Today is day 12 of my 30 day blogging challenge, where I'm going to be tackling a gaming challenge I found a few weeks ago that I thought looked interesting. In my blog summarising this, I left a photo of the questions, in case anyone wanted to do it, but I'll also copy the question I'm answering into my post every day too.
Sometimes, these posts may contain spoilers for a game - when that happens, I'll warn you before I answer the question, so you can choose whether or not to read on!

Today's question is -  what is a game that everyone should play?

This was probably one of the hardest questions to answer, for me - there's a LOT of games I've played and recommended to people over the years, and narrowing it down was a pretty hard choice. In the end, I decided to choose a game my brother recommended to me, and one I'm recommending that I stumbled across myself. 

The Legend Of Zelda - Ocarina Of Time. 
I cannot say enough good things about this game! I didn't used to like playing it when I was younger - I preferred games that didn't really have much of a story, especially one that's as complex as this - but, when Nintendo remade it for the Nintendo 3DS, my brother persuaded me to play through it properly, and I ended up really liking it - a lot more than I was expecting to! I knew how it ended and most of what happened along the way, through years of watching him play, but I'd never done any of the levels, so it was nice completing a Zelda game by myself - it felt like a massive accomplishment for me.

Fire Emblem Awakening. 
I first stumbled across this when I was browsing YouTube for Let's Plays to watch. Someone on Twitter had recommended it to me when I was asking for some new games to play, and I was intrigued, so I looked into it a bit more. It helps that there was a demo for it on the Nintendo eShop, so I downloaded it and you can play the first couple of levels of the game (you're limited to playing it 10 times altogether, however.) I liked it so much that I decided to buy the full copy, and I still think it was one of the best gaming decisions I ever made! I love how the cut scenes are in a more anime style, but the actual game play is more traditional gaming. Plus, the storyline is amazing, and I know some people don't like the fact you can pair up characters and marry them (some even call it Shipping - The Video Game) but I think it's a nice feature, plus you can have children coming back from the future when certain characters get paired up, so it's well worth it. 

  I feel like I need an honourable mention in this category, and that has to go to Xenoblade Chronicles - I feel like I've mentioned it a lot in these blogs, and probably will continue to do so, but it's definitely an RPG that everyone should experience playing at least once in their lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment