Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Day Thirteen // Game Played 5 Times Or More


Hey guys!
Today is day 13 of my 30 day blogging challenge, where I'm going to be tackling a gaming challenge I found a few weeks ago that I thought looked interesting. In my blog summarising this, I left a photo of the questions, in case anyone wanted to do it, but I'll also copy the question I'm answering into my post every day too.
Sometimes, these posts may contain spoilers for a game - when that happens, I'll warn you before I answer the question, so you can choose whether or not to read on!

Today's question is -  what game have you played more than five times?

Before I answer, I'm going to guess that it means a game I've completed 5 times or more, not just one that I've booted up and played 5 or more times, because if it was the latter I'd have to list pretty much every single game I've ever played and that is a mission and a half! So I'm going to go with games I've either completed or come close to finishing.
I went through a phase of selling games when I'd completed them a few times and no longer enjoyed playing them - and sometimes I regretted it after, when it'd been a few years and I fancied playing again for nostalgic reasons - but I haven't done that in a while.

Kirby - Mouse Attack. 
I played this game SO MANY TIMES because I loved it so much, and at first it never got old. There's only so many games you can play a game without getting bored, however, and I think I completed it at least 5 times over the course of a few years before I decided to get rid of it. This is pretty much the only game I regret selling.

Professor Layton - all but The Curious Village and The Mysterious Mask. 
I loved the Professor Layton games when I first played them, and I enjoyed spending ages working out the puzzles I didn't know - and feeling smug when I could get them right straight away or with minimum effort. However, after completing them a few times, I found the stories got a bit stale, and I remembered the answers to a lot of the puzzles, so it wasn't challenging for me any more, so again, I had a game clear out and I sold them.

Pokemon. 
I adore Pokemon. I've played and owned pretty much every single Pokemon game in my lifetime, and I play them a lot because, for me, they're games that I never get sick of. Sure, I take a break from them sometimes - I'm currently replaying Pokemon Y and am partway through Pokemon Omega Ruby for the first time - but I will always go back to Pokemon games because I love them and probably always will. So, over the course of my life, I've probably played at least one Pokemon game at least 5 times! 

I'm going to leave it here for now, otherwise we'll end up with a list the length of me, but I pretty much play my games to death, haha, so most of the games I own, I will have completed at least once or twice (apart from games with no end, of course, like Animal Crossing, but I play that most days, so have booted it up well over 5 times)

No comments:

Post a Comment