Saturday, October 17, 2015

Day Seventeen // Favourite Antagonist


Hey guys!
Today is day 17 of my 30 day blogging challenge, where I'm going to be tackling a gaming challenge I found a few weeks ago that I thought looked interesting. In my blog summarising this, I left a photo of the questions, in case anyone wanted to do it, but I'll also copy the question I'm answering into my post every day too.
Sometimes, these posts may contain spoilers for a game - when that happens, I'll warn you before I answer the question, so you can choose whether or not to read on!

Today's question is - who is your favourite antagonist? 
*may contain spoilers, although I'm pretty sure most people will have played this game already*

There's been a lot of good antagonists in most of the games I've played, so this was a pretty hard choice - however, in the end, I went with the one who stuck out the most for me.
I think that my favourite antagonist is Ganondorf from Ocarina Of Time. He's just so evil and it's amazing.
I will always remember doing one of the final battles with him in his castle, where he fires magic at you and you have to hit it back at him with your sword - kind of like more dangerous tennis. It took me a couple of attempts to do it on my first time battling him, as it's hard to get into the swing of things, but it's pretty fun when you're used to it. After the battle, you have to escape from the castle before it collapses - I think you're given around 2 minutes to escape from the top floor.
Once you've escaped and the castle collapses, you think it's all over.....but is it? No, it is not!
You have to fight him again, but in another form, Ganon. This battle is a LOT harder than the first one, but it's really fun, and the way you deal the final blow is amazing too - however, he doesn't actually die, he gets sealed away, so he can - and will - rise again one day.
He basically just wreaks a lot of havoc on Hyrule - he leaves Hyrule castle and the town within in ruins and builds his own castle, for example, and there's a lot of bad magic everywhere, plus he tries to steal Link and Zelda's triforce pieces so he can completely control everything.
He's like the perfect antagonist, and this is why he's my favourite.

No comments:

Post a Comment