Tuesday, January 20, 2015

The Reading Challenge!


Hey guys!
I have always been an avid reader - even from a young age, I would more often than not have my head buried in a book, and would rather be curled up in a comfy chair reading a book than playing games or whatever else.
However, as I've got older, and especially over the past year or so, I've noticed that I've started reading less and less - for example, I asked for the Mortal Instruments books for Christmas 2013, and I still haven't even started reading them yet. It also took me longer than I'd have liked to finish reading The Hunger Games trilogy, which I received at the same time. I used to be able to read a book in about an hour or two - it is both a blessing and a curse being a speed reader, haha - but now, I seem to get easily distracted by other things, like playing my 3DS (Animal Crossing takes up a lot of my time) or just general life gets in the way and I'll have to do something like cook some dinner, or go food shopping.
So, this year, I've decided to put down the electricals, and start reading more again. I have mountains of books in my room (no joke, my room literally has bags and small piles of books EVERYWHERE) and a lot of them are unread. I've set myself a challenge this year, to read at least one book a week, and that means I can declutter my room slowly too, whether I pass the books on to someone else if I like them enough, or donate them to charity if I don't.
I've made a good start to this challenge already - last night, I read Bridesmaids by Jane Costello, which was a cute and lighthearted read to kick things off with, and is good if you like stories about falling in love, funny wedding disasters and more. I also reread Pretty Things by Sarra Manning, recently, and I still love it as much as I ever did!
As well as reading books I already own, I also have a long list of books I want to read jotted down in my diary, and hopefully I'll be able to cross a few of those off my list before the year is out, as well as getting through some of the mountains of books I already own.
I'll probably be writing about some of the books I read on this blog, so if that's the kind of thing that interests you, stay tuned! Also, if I succeed at this challenge, at the end of the year I will be posting a list of the books I read, so if you're at all interested you can see what I read and recommend!
If you think you'd like to do something similar too, let me know! I'm also open to book recommendations, so if you have read any good books lately, leave the title and author in a comment and I'll check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment