Sunday, January 25, 2015

My Blogging Routine!

Hey guys!
Today, I thought I'd talk a little bit about my weekly blogging routine.

I'm definitely not the most organised person in the world - although I've become a little bit better at that since I got a calendar and a diary for christmas - but somehow, I manage to be reasonably organised for blogging - at least, most of the time!
On my laptop, I have the option to put virtual sticky notes on my desktop, and this has become a lifesaver - if I'm browsing the internet and come up with a blog idea, all I have to do is pull up a sticky note and jot it down - I also have a folder on my desktop with copies of all my blog posts (so I can keep track of them as well as looking online) and a list I keep updated with all the things I've blogged about, so hopefully I won't be blogging about the same thing multiple times, unless it's a topic that can be revisited.
If I'm out and about and an idea hits, I'll usually either type a quick note to myself in the notes on my phone, or I'll jot it down in the little notebook I keep in my bag, or my diary (I love stationery, okay. I am drawn to pretty stationery like a magpie is drawn to pretty, shiny things)

I usually blog in my room, sat on my bed with my laptop on my knee and my back against the wall - my bed is against the wall with a radiator, so when it's cold it's nice because I can blog and stay warm. A lot of the time, if I'm writing my blog at night, I'll have candles lit and fairy lights on because I don't like bright light or too much light at night, plus it looks nice and relaxes me. Sometimes, if I'm not in the mood to blog upstairs, I'll curl up on the sofa downstairs instead - I don't like sitting at a table to blog, I like to be more comfortable, especially if I'm going to be sitting there for a while!
I also usually listen to music when I'm writing - I don't like silence - and the music I've been favouring recently is music from games, or anything that doesn't have words, as it's good background music and it doesn't distract me by making me want to sing along.
Usually, if I'm blogging at night, I'll be sat around in my cosiest pjs, no makeup on and my hair scraped back in a messy ponytail, because let's face it, no one can see me and it's good to be comfortable! Plus, I usually have a cup of tea as well - I am a massive tea drinker! When I had bright red hair, a lot of the time I'd be sitting around with deep conditioner in my hair as well (I used to do that fairly regularly because of the amount of times I'd had bleach in my hair when it was lighter)

Sometimes, I can be sat around on my laptop for ages, either trying to think of a good blog idea (if nothing else has inspired me) or procrastinating by watching videos online. However, luckily that doesn't happen very often, and when I'm inspired, I leap headfirst into writing my blog - although sometimes, it takes a while for me to think of how to word things and manage to hit my word count (I aim for 500 words at least, usually, no matter what I'm blogging about)

Finally, once I've read it through and got someone else to check through it for me, I'm ready to schedule it (and panic in case it's really bad or no one reads it, haha) and voila! My (current) blogging routine!

Do any of you have any similar routines/rituals when it comes to doing things like blogging, or am I the only one? I'd love to see if I was the only one who sits around panicking, or dancing along to game soundtracks!

No comments:

Post a Comment