Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Reading Habits Tag!

Hey guys!
As you may or may not already know, I'm a massive bookworm, so when I stumbled across this tag I knew I had to do it!
I'm lucky enough that I was always encouraged to read a lot from a young age, and - this is either a blessing or a curse, I'm not too sure - I am also a speed reader, so I get through books pretty quickly. I love the way you can read a book, and if it's written well, you can lose yourself in it completely and immerse yourself in the story in your mind.
So, without further ado, here is the tag - feel free to do it yourself too if you enjoyed it!

1 - DO YOU HAVE A CERTAIN PLACE AT HOME FOR READING?
I usually either read while I'm curled up on the sofa with a cup of tea, or when I'm in bed propped up with loads of cushions and pillows. I really want a window seat though, I think it'd be lovely to sit there with a lovely view and sunlight spilling into the room while you immerse yourself in a book.

2 - BOOKMARK OR RANDOM PIECE OF PAPER?
In an ideal world, I'd have a bookmark, but I used to lose all of mine so now I usually use whatever I can find that's near me when I decide to stop reading.

3 - CAN YOU JUST STOP READING OR DO YOU HAVE TO REACH THE END OF A CHAPTER/A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF PAGES?
I don't like just stopping in the middle of a page, even if it's at the end of a paragraph or something, because I usually end up forgetting where I was up to and either accidentally skipping a paragraph, or re-reading the same bit. I like to get to the end of a chapter because then it's just easier to start from a new chapter, plus I get impatient and like knowing how the chapter I'm reading is going to end.

4 - DO YOU EAT OR DRINK WHILE READING?
I don't generally eat while I'm reading, but I like drinking tea when I'm reading, even though half the time I get really immersed in my book and forget about the tea, then go to drink it and it's stone cold, ugh.

5 - MULTITASKING ~ MUSIC OR TV WHILE READING?
Watching TV, no way, how can people try and watch TV while they're reading?! I like to lose myself in the story of a book, so no way would I be able to concentrate if I was getting distracted by that! Music is okay, I usually listen to instrumental music rather than something with lyrics if I'm reading though - I like game music, it's relaxing and I usually just have it on quietly as background noise because I don't really like complete silence.

6 - ONE BOOK AT A TIME, OR SEVERAL AT ONCE?
I've tried to read several books at once before, and I don't really like doing that because it means I can't savour the stories properly, and I've got stuff jumbled up before in my mind before. So, I usually like to stick to just the one book at a time.

7 - READING AT HOME OR EVERYWHERE?
Everywhere.

8 - READING OUT LOUD OR SILENTLY IN YOUR HEAD?
Generally, I read silently in my head, unless I find something that I feel like I should tell someone, in which case I'll quote that passage/sentence at them. I'd feel weird reading out loud to myself...

9 - DO YOU READ AHEAD/SKIP PAGES?
No! I like reading the book in the order it was written, the only time I ever "skip" pages is if it's like the contents page or whatever. I wouldn't want to skip pages in a book, you'd end up missing parts of the story and it seems pointless.

10 - BREAKING THE SPINE OR KEEPING IT LIKE NEW?
Definitely keeping it like new, oh my God. I hate it when you have a book in pristine condition and you lend it to someone and they crack the spine, it makes me want to hit them! My mum borrowed my copy of The Fault In Our Stars and she cracked the spine and I nearly cried when she gave it back to me. I have a lot of second hand books as well, and even though the spines are cracked on a lot of them, I still try not to crack it more if I can help it.

11 - DO YOU WRITE IN YOUR BOOKS?
No! Obviously I used to write in them when I was at school, mainly my name in the textbooks like you were meant to, and in English when we were studying plays and stuff, when we had to write notes in the margin and underline stuff. It's fine for books that you have to write in - for example, Wreck This Journal and The Pointless Book - but in other books, no way.

No comments:

Post a Comment